Become A Member
Goshen Rotary club members are part of a diverse group of professional leaders working to address various community and international service needs.
Through community service and other means, members help promote peace and understanding throughout the world. Our members are our most important asset.
If your values and philosophy are aligned with the Rotary mission, we encourage you to consider Goshen Rotary Membership.
Why Join Rotary?
Rotary membership offers numerous benefits, including:
- the promotion of positive and effective change within the community
- the development of leadership skills
- the gaining of an understanding of (and impacting) international humanitarian issues
- relationship building with community and business leaders
- unity with professionals in your community to address community needs
- the direct involvement of Rotary International’s humanitarian service efforts around the world
Becoming A Rotarian
An association of some 32,000 autonomous clubs in 168 countries, Rotary International is one of the world’s largest service organizations. An important distinction between Rotary and other organizations is that membership in Rotary is by invitation. Rotary clubs invite individuals to join and become members.
Membership is vital to a Rotary club’s operations and community service activities. A primary goal of the club is to continually expand the club with committed members who have the interest and ability to get involved in service and humanitarian projects. Prospective members must:
- hold (or be retired from) a professional, proprietary, executive, or managerial position
- meet the club’s weekly attendance or community project participation requirements
- live or work within the locality of the club or the surrounding area.
The Membership Process
Often a person being considered for membership is invited by a member/sponsor to attend one or more club meetings to learn more about Rotary International, the club and its members.
The sponsor may then submit the name of the candidate to the club’s membership committee for membership consideration.
An individual who is interested in membership, but doesn’t know any Rotary members may contact a club president or any member.
Responsibilities of Membership
Rotary club membership carries with it certain responsibilities:
- attend weekly club meetings or make-up missed meetings as appropriate
- pay annual dues to their clubs, their districts, and to Rotary International
- participate in local or international activities or projects of the Rotary club
- aspire to leadership or committee roles within their clubs
If you are ready Click here to download the membership form …fill it out and contact Maura Wuellner … firstname.lastname@example.org to get this process going!!!!