2017 Land of Goshen Rotary Dollars for Community Scholars Cash Raffle Rules
- Raffle Description. The raffle begins at 12:01 a.m. on Wednesday, October 18, 2017 and entries must be received no later than Tuesday, December 12, 2017 at 11:59 PM. Raffle is void where prohibited. By entering, each entrant accepts and agrees to be bound by these raffle rules. This raffle is sponsored by the Land of Goshen Rotary in Edwardsville, IL (“Sponsor”).
- Must to a legal U.S. resident who is 18 years of age or older to purchase raffle tickets.
- How to Enter. Ticket may only be purchased through Raffle Ready, at: https://goshenrotary.raffleready.com/dollars-for-community-scholars-annual-cash-raffle. Tickets are $25.00 each, payable with debit or major credit card. The $25 ticket price is not deductible for federal or state income tax purposes. No ticket refunds will be given. Purchase of any ticket for this raffle constitutes full agreement by the purchaser/entrant with all terms and conditions set forth herein and in the “Winner Notification Agreement.” Sponsor, its officers, directors and members are not responsible for lost, late, illegible, misdirected or mutilated entries, including due to transmission, technical, and/or network failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any hardware or software (whether originating with sender or Sponsors), telephonic failures, human error, or any other error or malfunction.
- Prize(s). Prizes consist of Two (2) Early Bird prizes and one (1) grand prize*. Early Bird prizes: There will be Two (2) Early Bird prizes in the amount of $100 each. Winners of the Early Bird prizes will be eligible for each Early Bird prize after the purchase of a ticket as well as the Grand Prize. There will be one Grand Prize winner, and the amount of the Grand Prize will be dependent on the number of tickets sold.
To be eligible for an Early Bird Prize, entries for each Early Bird prize must be received by:
- Tuesday October 24, 2017 11:59 p.m. for the first Early Bird prize.
- Tuesday October 31, 2017 11:59 p.m. for the second Early Bird prize.
To be eligible for the Grand Prize, entries must be received no later than Tuesday December 12, 2017 at 11:59 p.m. The Grand Prize will be dependent on the number of tickets sold and will be calculated as follows: Grand Prize = 50% of Total Ticket Sales.
Example: 400 tickets sold at $25 each would result in $10,000 in total ticket sales. $5,000 (50% of the $10,000 raised) will go to the Goshen Rotary Scholarship Fund; $5,000 (50% of the $10,000 raised) will be awarded to the Grand Prize Winner.
Referrer Prize. The individual providing the referral for the winning ticketholder will receive a $500 Referral Prize. To be eligible for the Referrer Prize that referring individual’s name must have been submitted on the winning ticketholder’s electronic entry form via the Raffle Ready ticket purchase page. A Referrer Prize will not be awarded if a name was not submitted. If no Referral Prize is awarded, these funds will be forfeited to the Land of Goshen Rotary Scholarship fund. A person does not need to purchase a ticket to win the Referrer Prize, and Land of Goshen Rotary members are eligible as well.
- There will be no limit on the number of tickets sold. Both members of Goshen Rotary and supporting financial sponsors other than Land of Goshen Rotary may purchase tickets and are eligible to win all prizes.
- How the Prizes are Awarded. Prizes will be awarded by random drawing on the day following the cutoff dates published above. Each winner will be announced at the weekly Wednesday Land of Goshen Rotary Club meeting immediately following the drawing and will be announced via Facebook and the Land of Goshen Rotary website that same day. Winners need not be present at the drawing.
- Odds of Winning. The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. Assuming 400 tickets sold, the odds of winning the Grand Prize are 1:400 and the odds of winning any of the 3 prize drawings (assuming eligible for Early Bird drawing, excludes the Referrer prize) are 1:133.
- Conditions of Acceptance of Prize. Winners will be notified by telephone call and certified mail. A valid driver’s license or other appropriate picture identification is required to claim a prize. The winner(s) will be required to execute and return a winner notification affidavit prior to receiving their prize, or the prize will be forfeited. A winner must take possession of his or her prize within 90 days of the announcement or the prize will be forfeited and a new winner will be drawn. Winner(s) will be solely responsible for any and all local, state, and federal income taxes, as well as license and registration fees. Sponsor will report any individual winnings over $600 (in cash or fair market value of goods or services) in a one year period to the Internal Revenue Service. Winner(s) will receive a Form 1099. Sponsor will report if any winnings are reported to the Internal Revenue Service. Each winner agrees to the use of his or her name and likeness in publicity without any additional compensation, except where prohibited by law. By purchasing a ticket and entering this raffle, each winner acknowledges that the Land of Goshen Rotary, and all other sponsors and venues, have the right to publicize and broadcast each winner’s name, voice, and likeness, the fact that he or she won, and all matters incidental thereto.
- Limitation on Liability. By entering this promotion, each entrant forever discharges and releases Sponsor, its parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, and their respective directors, officers, employees, and agents from any and all liability, claims, causes of action, suits, and demands of any kind arising from or in connection with the promotion, including, without limitation, responsibility for property damage, loss of life, or personal injury or death resulting from or in connection with participating in the promotion or from or in connection with use or receipt of the prize(s), however caused.
- Sponsor’s Reservation of Rights. These official rules are subject to modification by the Land of Goshen Rotary club. In the event of a dispute, all decisions made by the Land of Goshen Rotary Club are final and binding. Sponsors reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any person who tampers with the entry process or the operation of Sponsor’s web site(s), or who otherwise acts in violation of these official rules. Sponsors further reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, or modify this raffle if, for any reason, the raffle is not capable of completion as planned (including, but not limited to, for the following reasons: infection by computer virus, technical corruption, force majeure, or non-authorized human intervention that compromises or affects the administration, fairness, integrity, security, or proper conduct of the promotion).
- A complete list of winners will be available December 13, 2017 through the official Land of Goshen Rotary website, https://thegoshenrotary.org/.